Monday, September 24, 2012

Call of a Coward

Published by Thomas Nelson
 
Wow, what a story teller!
Okay, the title really says it all. Intriguing, yes?
I started reading this book, the story of a journey, on a bit of journey myself. After prayerfully and hestitantly taking in a 3rd baby last week, one with special, life-threatening needs, having a frighteningly in-over-our- heads few days, a hospital admission and me tearfully entreating the Lord for relief...which He graciously answered with a phone call before I had finished praying...and finishing the book a few hours after releasing the baby to some of his relatives...I was so grateful for an escape into a well-written, humorous, and unflinchingly told story. This book reminded me again of just who my God is and gave me a very much needed faith boost.
 
I found myself scribbling down chapter heading quotes, laughing, and tearing up as I related to my Lord and remembered His great kindness and thoughtful care of us as I devoured chapter after "just one more chapter" late into the night.
Read it. Woven into an extremely rich narrative is a huge dose of faith strengthening personal testimony.

Book Description


The problem with promising God you'll follow Him wherever He leads you is that you just might have to go.

When her husband returned from a church mission trip and disrupted her tidy, middle-class afternoon with the conviction they should pack up and move to a Mayan village in Guatemala, Marcia Moston had to wonder: faithful or foolish?

On a journey that leads from the highlands of Guatemala to a small Vermont village, Marcia follows God's call for her husband even though it seems to conflict with her own dreams, requires credentials she lacks, and demands courage she doesn't feel she has.

Written with humor and insight, Call of a Coward is a candid account of a modern-day seeker and a very real God who makes cowards courageous, ordinary lives purposeful, and dried-up dreams fruitful.
_~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~_
I recieved this book free from the publisher in return for an unbiased review.
 

1 comment:

  1. Another great review, Dalyn! Sounds like a good book! What a gift to offer~ to love on those babies who need you at this hard time in their lives:))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!