Friday, October 25, 2013

Where Would They Be?


This morning, dirty from barn chores and milking, I was standing in the bathroom getting ready for a shower, I happened to look out the window and ended up watching my little kids for a bit. Heart in throat. They were riding around the circular drive on trikes and having a great time on a beautiful, warm, fall morning. I watched them, happy squeals and smiles. Safe. Living happily in the country- romping around freely, surrounded by fruit and horse ranches. Neighbors that watch out for each other. Far from town, and a quarter of a mile even from the nearest road. Which is dirt. Sees more action from ATVs and horses than cars some days. Safe. I kept thinking how safe they are now. Where they came from they were so unsafe.
 


 I couldn't help asking myself where would they be in their lives right now if the Lord hadn't intervened in their stories. Living in the ghetto inner city without grass to play on because a couple of drunk vagrants are passed out there? (I see it all the time when I'm downtown) Not safe. Living in a drug house still? Molested? So many different ugly possibilities.

 
 Where would we be? Quiet. I like quiet. I can't lie.
But I have always known I was going to adopt. I would wonder and think about my "missing" children my entire life, had I stopped at my biological children.
My husband wouldn't be living up to his full potential. He adores his little brood. We have 6 children. The older are biological and the younger aren't. Someone once referenced my bio kids as my "real" kids. They are all real. They are all my real kids. Wasn't that weird? People say things without thinking sometimes.
 
 
 

 
 I'm just feeling grateful today that the Lord has done this amazing, exhausting thing in my life.
Our family is SO not perfect. But God is kind, and He allowed us to love some little sparrows who needed homes. My nest is full and I'm raising my babies at the Lord's altars.
 
 
Even the sparrow finds a home,
    and the swallow a nest for herself,
    where she may lay her young,
at your altars, O Lord of hosts,
    my King and my God.
Psalm 84:3
 
The beautiful necklace you can see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!