Sunday, January 19, 2014

Healthy Hot Cocoa

It's a bitterly cold afternoon and my beautiful three year old son woke up from his nap and asked me to make him some hot cocoa. Now, I love this kid, so I rummage around in my kitchen and come up with something brilliant and delicious:

I threw a huge handful of raw almonds in my VitaMix along with a few drops of vanilla. A dash of Himalayan pink salt, two heaping teaspoons of organic coconut sugar and two very large teaspoons full to heaping raw honey. It heaps because it's solid and unheated. I add two heaping teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, a tablespoon of raw coconut oil, and four cups of hot water from the sink. ( I have well water.) I blend that delicious stuff until it's hot, creamy and frothy. I'm telling you it is fabulous tasting! And what's more it's good for you.
I wish you could smell it. Marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!