Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Bring On Some Changes!


All in all its been an exhausting several years but I've learned a lot. I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions but this year I am planning quite a list. I have a number of things I want to change. One of the things I'd like to change is my health. I've been burned out and exhausted for so long I don't remember what it feels like to feel good.

Right now I'm on a green and purple smoothie fast for two weeks. I also started yoga and walking again. When the weather is better and I have more energy I will start my Couch to 5K training again. I'd like to lose 20 lbs. by April and my 46th birthday as a gift to myself and my husband. As a reward for making it through the 2 weak smoothie fast I am gifting myself these: 



Rock Revival jeans. Age is in our heads, right? I live in jeans and boots and my closet is a happy place for me 😄



For years I haven't had time for myself or my husband and older kids. My new mantra is "do less accomplish much more". I got it from "Jesus Calling" which we love in my family.
I'm all set to start Bible journaling too. Have you heard of this? Man, I love Pinterest! Taking a journaling Bible and doing artwork in the margins is a beautiful way to worship and meditate on the truths in the Word. I write all over my Bibles anyway and this will just be a more thoughtful way to record things for me. I'd like to finish several of them to give to my grand babies.



Here's an example by Karla Dornacher. I am obsessed! I won't be as artistic as her but I am still looking forward to seeing what becomes of it. Cathartic!

Another thing I have resolved to do is become a football fan- specifically a Seahawks fan. This started out for my husband but the last couple games have been so exciting I'm getting hooked! Sherman, Wilson and Lynch!!





Since I am retiring from fostering babies I will finally have time to ride my horses. They have sat all but untouched for at least 3 1/2 years. They are fat and sassy. No bueno. Danger isn't something I crave!



I have learned quite a lot about setting limits and boundaries. So here's to 2015 being a year with a bit more rest, recreation, laughter and worship of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!