Monday, February 16, 2015

The Adrenal Reset Diet

 
Experiencing adrenal crash twice now, I have been a bit of a student of the adrenals and ways to heal them. This book is fabulous. It's clear, concise, and makes complete sense. It's practical. I wouldn't think you would need the expensive program this Dr. has, the book is doable on your own.
The bulk of the book is informational and the last few chapters are the practical how-to's. There is a quiz to help you determine how healthy your adrenals are. Since this isn't my first rodeo with my adrenals I found the quiz to be quite accurate. Mine are crashed again, which I knew.
If you have been stressed, depressed, can't lose weight no matter what, you're tired and foggy, easily overwhelmed and wake-up tired, you might just have a problem with your adrenals.
I have gained 25 pounds in 5 years, and have been unable to lose the weight in spite of at times heroic efforts at a clean, healthy diet and work-outs. In this book I learned that just stressed my body further and made it harder. Makes sense, since I only gained weight with those efforts and felt worse!
Our genes do not really predict our weight. I used to be very thin no matter what I ate.
Your adrenals determine your weight and many other things as well. You don't hear much about them but they are key!
 "Adrenal hormones control the stress response. When the body is in this high stress state, food is stored as fat instead of burned as fuel. This happens at a cellular level by shifting whether fat responds to insulin or if muscle tissue responds to insulin." Dr. Christanson quoted here.
 
I read this book and faced facts, then began to do a few simple things to heal my adrenals and I already feel so much better. 6 weeks into it and the improvement is remarkable. Get the book!
*I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased written review.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!