Monday, May 2, 2016

Raw Oat Groat Breakfast Bowls

You might be surprised how delicious and filling my raw oat groat breakfast bowls are. Nutritious is an understatement. 
Most people who aren't raw foodies won't get the beauty of these but don't be afraid to try it. You may be surprised. 

The other night I put all the ingredients in a mason jar for my daughter-in-law and son to take home and soak overnight for breakfast the next morning. Becky told me they really did enjoy my concoction.

I start with about half a cup of raw oat groats per person. I don't accurately measure anything- people who know me just learn to get over that.
I sprinkle generously with cinnamon and a add a pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt. Throw on a handful of raw cashews for creaminess and you're on to something. Just before I go to bed I add water to soak this overnight. I just about add twice as much water as dry ingredients. You can also at this point add a bit of raw whey or kefir, if you have it. You could also replace the water with raw coconut water. So many options really! I add 3 medjool dates w/o the seeds at this point or else a drizzle of raw honey to taste.

 Keep it simple and easy and you will make it a habit. 

Soaking overnight is vital to get it smooth and creamy as well as making it more easily digested. 
In the morning I may or may not add really good coconut oil. I blend it until smooth and creamy and warm in my VitaMix- meanwhile if I don't have fresh fruit cut up in a bowl I have frozen thawing in it on the counter ready to receive my oatmeal.



After it's as creamy and warm as I like I pour it over the fruit. Then you can go crazy with toppings. I love toasted pecans. Try sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raw hemp hearts, walnuts, or any fruit or nut. Blueberries are nice and I love cherry season here, even though it's short I make the most of it! 
I like raw sprouted granola crumbled on top, it adds a nice crunch. Dried, fresh or frozen, any fruit works, as do nuts, seeds and berries. 


It only takes a few minutes, it's packed with nutrient dense foods and you can try a million topping variations and never get bored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!