Sunday, February 24, 2013

My Beautiful Children

One has gone and another may come soon. Sorrow and expectation are holding hands. Our home is full of life and its messy and lovely at the same time.

Who would have thought? The woman who didn't like visitors to come and mess up her house is gone. I'm a different person and it's liberating. Except on the days people drop in and I'm embarrassed by the mess.

I wasn't really ready, and still I'm not, but soon I'll likely be a mother to another sweet boy. This one I already know needs to be adopted. The emotional drama of wondering will be eliminated at least.

I find myself wanting to hurry up and rest and take up jogging again, read and play out in the barn-all at once, because I'm about to be overwhelmed again. I'm about to have no time for those things again.

But I'm armed with God's word and encouragement and moments like tonight:
Snuggling a beautiful brown boy that I love madly in Buzz LightYear pajamas on the couch reading the old Winnie-the-Pooh stories while the infant girl listens next to us grinning from ear to ear. (I wasn't the one wearing the Buzz pajamas)

Yep. It's all worth it.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!