Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mommying



Here we were about two years ago. By this coming summer I hope there will be a baby and maybe a toddler in this picture too. What started out as wanting to foster newborns has now broadened to "for sure" we are adopting again. That should scare me, but it actually makes me happy. My husband and the biological kids are all thrilled. G. not so much. She doesn't care one way or the other really. That's to be expected.

I have been thinking it all over, and really being honest with my self. Shouldn't I be excited that my kids are older and I am free to do so many other things now? The thought that in as little as 5 years from now I could pretty much do whatever I want because by then I won't be needed at home as much-Ben would be 16 and able to drive should thrill me. I could work if I wanted to- but I don't. I worked for alot of years and I love being home. I think being a mom is the #1 job there is. The most important. If more moms loved their babies and were supported in all the ways it takes to allow them to remain home, raising their kids full time, I think the world would be a better place. There would definately be alot more cookies in the world.
Moms at home, keeping an eye on the neighborhood during the day. Available to mentor and befriend the new moms in her neighborhood. Yep, the world would be a better place with more moms being moms.

So, while I could do alot of other things with my life in a few years, I think I'm going to keep the mom job. I'll mother other people's children, people who can't or won't, and we'll adopt one of them or maybe more, and I'll just keep mommying until I can Gramma. Because I think being a gramma will be even better than being a mom. Maybe.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool! How exciting.

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim W<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful plan...I so agree! Gramma's always say it's the best, but for now, being a mom is great. I can't wait to see who God brings your family, and G will be touched in ways you may not see for awhile, but there will be a work going on in her heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree ... Mom is the best job in the world! Granny is a pretty cool job too! I love my children and my grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a plan! I loved being a mum (mine are all grown up now, youngest is 18) but I love being a granny, it's so much fun. I adore all my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you.....being a mom is a great "profession"....and more work than you would ever do if you had a "job". God is leading you where He wants you to be and doing His work....aren't you glad that His message is so clear to you? Just think how many more times you'll be a Grandma by being a mom!

    Hugs,

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Dalyn, You need to write out that Psalm 71:17-18 for those that don't know the Bible or won't go and look it up! It is a beautiful and awe inspiring scripture. If only people would spend their days leaving the Truth of Christ to the next generation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!