Friday, June 18, 2010

Raw Fat Bottomed Girls Brownies

Sometimes I crave sweets, and these are fattening, I'm not going to lie; but so are white flour and white sugar and shortening: the ingredients for cooked brownies. Besides, those things are terrible for you and these little gems are like taking a vitamin. No kidding!
I actually get sick and even get migraines from eating the sugary cooked baked goodies.
~______~
The basic recipe is like a halvah in that it's base it ground sesame seeds which are fantastic for your health. Remember, your ingredients are raw- still full of nutrition, enzymes, vitamins and minerals. In other words: good for you!


 
3/4 cup ground raw sesame seeds (I used brown)
*I grind mine the coffee grinder*
1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
1/3 cup raw cocao nibs or 1/4 cup raw cocao powder
*I ground nibs in the coffee grinder until they were a powder*
*1 TB roasted Carob (you may choose not to add this, or you may choose to add raw carob powder. I did so for flavor)
pinch of sea salt
1/4 cup raw honey (I used raspberry)
1/4 melted cold-pressed virgin coconut oil
* 1/4 raw chopped walnuts (I added these at the last minute)

*Remember you can always add a bit more of this, or a tad less of that- you don't need precise measurements*

Add everything together except the walnuts.
Mix thoroughly.


Press the mixture into a small baking dish or whatever you like. (another beautiful thing about raw dishes is the flexibility- you do not have to be fussy!)

Afer it's pressed down firmly sprinkle the walnuts over the top and press them into the top of the mixture. Press them well so they will mostly stay when you cut this into bars.

YUM!


Put the dish or whatever into the fridge overnight or at least a couple hours to firm up and then cut the brownies into squares. I cut a few larger for the picture below, but honestly I always cut mine into pretty small squares because they are so rich.

voila' ! Now you can enjoy your delicious brownies, try them like my family would...with a beautiful glass of ice cold raw goat milk- from the barn behind the house, fresh from a grass-fed Nubian dairy goat.

*You could, if you like, add some extract- vanilla, almond, orange, or mint. You could also choose to roll the mixture into balls instead of making them into bars and then roll the balls in the walnuts and refridgerate. Either way, they are a decadent treat that you don't have to feel guilty about.

Sesame seeds are an excellent thing to be eating- they are full of calcium, B1, copper, and vitamin E for a start. Check out the facts:

Nutrition facts for sesame seeds

3 comments:

  1. Oh I really wish I had seen this recipe before I went grocery shopping. I'm making a new list right now! Yummy. I also think I need to check out more raw food recipes ... summertime in Texas would be the perfect time to give it a try :) !
    Hugs to you Queenie,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine I totally agree- hot summer in Texas: I would definately be doing more raw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so good! I have had raw desserts before and I LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!