Tuesday, February 5, 2013

How Do You Start Your Day?

 
 
I have, for years started my day out with a coffee (now decaf latte, preferably with raw goat milk) , a devotional book, and then my Bible reading. In quiet seasons (which I barely recall) I also then did some Bible study- often with my kids. These days I am so busy with babies that I only some days get my Bible reading in- which is terrible for me and I certainly feel the lack! But at least I do get a devotional reading in somewhere during the day and a portion of Bible reading on my iPhone app even though it's just not the same.
 
I get a new devotional almost every year. It's become a tradition. Some are so good I will re-read them in a few years. Lord, I Give You This Day by Kay Arthur is definitely a devotional that falls into that category. It's meaty. Not too long, and not too short. It's convicting and encouraging truth in bite size portions. There's also a prayer at the end of each day's reading that you can pray. It's short and purposeful.
I feel this lovely book is feeding me, and that's vital when I am stressed and vulnerable especially.
Personally I think this is one of the best devotionals written recently.
You can get a copy here
 *I was given this book by the publisher free in return for an unbiased review*

Please take a few seconds and do us both a favor: rate my review and automatically be entered in a drawing for a free copy by the publisher. I have nothing to do with this part  :)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!