Monday, August 5, 2013

Unfinished

 
 
The title is pretty good, huh? Like me, like a number of my projects...Unfinished. I can relate to it. We are an unfinished people! Steven K. Scott's newest book helps point us in the right direction, toward Finished.
I honestly didn't expect to like this book, but I did. I have highlights and post-its all over the inside of it. You can read an excerpt here.
 
The subtitle of the book is "The Four Callings from Jesus that Empower and Complete Your Purpose on Earth."
The author takes these four callings from scripture and completely breaks them down to help us understand what Jesus is saying and how we can complete the assignments. He takes the bigger callings and makes them clear. Unfinished would be a perfect book to hand out to new believers, and really, for stagnant believers. It's well-written, well-laid out and to the point. In the back of the book is a great little resource:" Promises You Can Build Your Faith On."

After reading this book I became intrigued and went ahead and ordered another one of Mr. Scott's books, "The Greatest Words Ever Spoken" basically a catalog of Jesus' words topically. I'm finding it an incredible resource. If we just lived on the Words in Red- how rich we would be!
*I was given a free copy of this title in exchange for an unbiased review.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!