Thursday, October 31, 2013

Snarky Syndrome

 
As a mom do you ever get so worn down and tired you turn into a crabby, snarky woman that nobody likes, including you?
I do that.
I find myself saying things like:
"Cry and drink your tears." to a whining child who has just about made my ears bleed with repeated complaints of thirst when I know they are really just bored.
Muttering sullenly, "flattery will get you nowhere with me kid." when I have just been called "the meanest mom ever."
And to a child who has driven me past the point of madness all day, when they tell me at some point  "I'll be right back", I turn, smiling, and say sweetly, "don't threaten me dear." They look puzzled and confused. Who could blame them?
Some days the piles of laundry and dishes...they get to me.
The poopy diapers and peanutbutter fingerprints on everything...they chip away at the tenuous hold I have on my sanity.
I am convicted of this unwomanly attitude. It's not at all what I want to convey to my kids about Jesus. It's not who I am- most of the time.
Let's face it, I am a middle-aged woman starting completely over with child raising. There is a reason twenty-somethings do this: energy.
 
But it's all worth it and I love those smelly little boogars.
 
 Once a month mom is crazy. The end.
 

1 comment:

  1. Aaww, hang in there. The fact that you're THERE with them is everything. I wouldn't trade my stay-at home-mom years for anything, even if I did spend many days pulling my hair out. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!