A Virtuous Wife
Proverbs 31:10-31 ISR98
10. “Who does find a capable wife? For she is worth far more than rubies.
11. The heart of her husband shall trust her, And he has no lack of gain.
12. She shall do him good, and not evil, All the days of her life.
13. She shall seek wool and flax, And with delight she works with her hands.
14. She shall be as the ships of Tarshish, She brings in her food from afar.
15. She also rises while it is still night, And provides food for her household, And a portion for her girls.
16. She shall consider a field and buy it; From her profits she shall plant a vineyard.
17. She shall gird herself with strength, And strengthen her arms.
18. She shall taste when her gain is good; Her lamp does not go out by night.
19. She shall stretch out her hands to the distaff, And her hand shall hold the spindle.
20. She shall extend her hand to the poor, And she shall reach out her hands to the needy.
21. She is not afraid of snow for her household, For all her household is dressed in
22. She shall make tapestry for herself; She is dressed in fine linen and purple.
23. Her husband is known in the gates, When he sits among the elders of the land.
24. She shall make fine linen and sell them, And shall give girdles for the merchants.
25. Strength and splendour are her garments, And she rejoices in time to come.
26. She shall open her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the Torah of kindness.
27. She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness.
28. Her children shall rise up and call her blessed; Her husband too, and he praises her:
29. “Many daughters have done nobly, But you have risen over them all.”
30. Loveliness is deceptive And prettiness is vain, A woman who fears יהוה is to be
31. Give her of the fruit of her hands, And let her works praise her in the gates.”