Friday, December 28, 2007

Plans for 2008

So this year I am going to do something I used to do and got out of the habit of: be purposefully thankful! In every situation I am trusting in God's goodness. Even if something is painful, uncomfortable, or totally not what I want! I will trust Jesus. No more tantrums!

And...I will be totally honest before God- with all my messed up, ugly, wicked crud that hides inside me (and you too, if you are honest). I want to be totally free in Jesus! Yasha! Free, open, wide place to live. That's where I want to dwell.

Just for the record, I have stated it before, that for those of you who email me and think I have it together- don't. Don't compare. None of us need that. I'm as messed up as everybody else. Some of us are just better at putting on a pretty face.

I have many flaws, but I also have some good points...but the only thing that matters is that I am forgiven and praise the Lord I am loved by the KING! Accepted, Chosen, and Beloved in Christ.

Here's another thing I'm gonna do: have fun with my kids! Smile at them and quit trying to "fix" every little thing! Why do we think that our kids are the "things" our performance will be judged by? Good grief, just love them and BE an example instead of sermonizing their lives to a dry crisp! Bleh.

Here's my book recommendation this year (aside from reading the Bible from cover to cover at least once a year): Ruthless Trust by Brennan Manning.

My darling boy...funny kid!

My friend and goat mentor, Zoe. This was she and I last Christmas. I missed seeing her this year! (we were gone) This lady is almost twice my age and can outowork me still. Farm chicks are cool!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan! I am glad you had such a wonderful Christmas, you deserve it:)

    Loved the pictures...
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dalyn, you are so right...we are such a flawed people...but I am so thankful for this thing called forgiveness, not to mention Grace. For without it, I cannot even imagine....but I also know that my Lord and Saviour does not see me that way...and I too want to just spend each day worshipping Him, having fun with my children...and yes, why do we try and fix every little thing in their characters etc...when we cannot manage to do it ourselves...I too sometimes think that how my children turn out or behave, is my judgement in heaven...so thank you for reminding me , that is NOT the case...we are called to train up a child in the way he should go....but that doesn't mean to make them perfect and sermonize them to death...I need to live by example...and sometimes the most powerful things said, are truly the things not said, but lived out.

    Blessings,

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, forgot to mention...love the pictures...keep them comin'

    And yes, I plan to also purposefully be thankful for everything no matter what...at least that will be my daily prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!