Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Favorite Easy Raw Treats

I thought I'd post a couple of my favorite recipes. I love treats and goodies, so in order to maintain a certain amount of raw foods in my diet and get nutrition and not just calories, I have a few tricks up my sleeve *U*
*With all these recipes I don't measure much. You just add or subtract to adjust for taste and textures.
Double D Raw Detox Breakfast Smoothie~
(This is what Doug and I have for breakfast in the mornings)
I use the Vita Mix for this recipe
1 1/2 frozen bananas
1 cup mixed berries- any will do, I use the purples, reds, and blues
1 cup very cold water
1/4 cup flax seeds
Blend until smooth and pour into glasses to enjoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Coco Nutty Halvah~

I use a coffee grinder for this recipe



2 grinders full of pureed raw (the white) sesame seeds

1 grinder full of pureed coconut (I use the bags of shaved I get from the health food store)

1/2 cup almond butter (or coconut spread)

1/2 cup carob powder

1/2 cup unprocessed coconut oil

3 TB of raw honey (or more, to taste)



* you can also add cocao nibs



mix this all up by hand or food processor. It's thick. Spread into a pan and make "brownies" or roll into balls. Put tem in the fridge or even freeze if you like. These are super yummy and kick the candy/chocolate cravings. Besides, they are chock full of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.

*Don't worry about measurements so much. Just get the consistency and flavor you like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Raw Ice cream~

I use a food processor for this recipe~



3 Frozen bananas

1/2 cup raw goat milk or coconut milk, or even almond milk



This is the base- mix until smooth. Now, you can add all sorts of goodies!

Mix in cocoa powder or carob powder for chocolate icecream.

AND/OR~

cocao nibs

almonds or other nuts

nut butter

frozen fruits like berries, sliced peaches, etc.



This is the most satisfying treat. I LOVE it!

If you like it sweet, add stevia powder or raw honey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kefir Smoothie~

(I use the Vita-Mix for this)

(For 2)

2 cups raw goat milk kefir

1/4 cup flax seeds

1/4 cup cocnut oil

1 cup mixed berries

2 frozen bananas

Blend until smooth

*If you like, add carob powder, coao nibs, or nut butter

* You can use any kind of frozen fruit- in season we enjoy cherries, peaches, apricots, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your recipes...I will give some of them a try now that I have a new blender:-)

    Have a great day!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Dalyn! I've tagged you over on my blog!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipes. I too am going "more" raw. I've been somewhere in the 50% range for a very long time. And its just not enough for my body. Look forward to trying your recipes. I have a recipe for raw Strawberry Spinach Salad on my site if you'd like.

    http://darelinagreen.blogspot.com/2008/06/recipe-strawberry-spinach-salad.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!