Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Red Letters to Obama

There is a campaign to send 50 million empty red envelopes to President Obama as a symbol of the many children who have been killed by abortion, as well as to show our moral outrage over the support of abortions by the president and his staff.

In order to try and do this in a way that will flood the White House's mailbox around the same time, a date has been set for sending the envelopes this upcoming weekend, Feb. 28th and March 1st.

Here is what to do: Get a red envelope.

You can buy them at Kinkos, or at party supply stores, or Staples, Walmart, or Target might have them also.

You can also order 100 red envelopes that are pre-adressed and pre-printed with the message on the back, for $10 plus S&H from this website.https://www.%20lifeissues.%20org/red/order.%20html

On the front, address it to:President Barack ObamaThe White House1600 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.Washington , D.C. 20500

On the back, write the following message.

This envelope represents one child who died in abortion. It is empty becausethat life was unable to offer anything to the world. Responsibility beginswith conception.

Put a stamp on it, put it in the mail and send it.

Then forward this e-mailor send this website http://www.redenvelopeproject.org/ <http://www.redenvelopeproject.org/> to every one of your friends who you think would send one too. I wish we couldsend 50 million red envelopes, one for every child who died before having achance to live. Maybe it will change the heart of the president.



4 comments:

  1. Every single person should do this.
    It is a GREAT idea! I knew nothing about it.
    Thanks!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I saw this. I didn't realize it was this weekend. I called my husband and he is bringing home the envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't mind I copied some of your red=envelope post to send to some of my Christian friends on facebook. I just used the address and the email. Thanks for making us aware of this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this wasn't supposed to be mailed until March 31. At least, that's what the website you referenced says. http://www.redenvelopeproject.org/
    Our family is doing this, but I am confused as to the dates.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!