Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dalyn's Sprouted Raw Granola

This very yummy granola recipe is adapted from my friend Joni's recipe.  I loved hers so much, she gave me the recipe and called it "Dalyn's Very Own Sprouted Granola" but I never can follow a recipe exactly, so when I ran out of hers and had to make my own, I changed it up a bit.

1 cup organic sprouted raw sunflower seeds
1 cup organic sprouted raw buckwheat
1/2 cup organic sprouted raw oats
1 cup organic sprouted almonds
1/2 cup organic raw pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup organic shaved coconut flakes
1/3 cup organic cold-pressed coconut oil
1/4 cup cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup raw honey
1/3 cup raw medjool date paste ( I soaked a few dates in water and pureed in my Vitamix)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
* 1/2 cup organic raisins (if you like)

Dehydrate first 4 ingredients until very dry (about 12 hours). Melt coconut oil, add olive oil, raw honey, date paste, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg and warmed and mixed well in a little sauce pan into which you have slowly melted the coconut oil.
Next, coarsley chop the almonds and pumpkin seeds (I do this in the food processor on pulse). Mix all the ingredients until well coated. Dehydrate until honey is set and crispy- usually 12-18 hours (although it was wet and rainy when I made this and it took several hours longer for me that time).

Halfway through I broke it up a bit and turned pieces over so I would have nice chunks.
~This is so delicious in a bowl with raw goat milk poured over the top~






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!