Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Season of Gifting


I am going through a season right now of intense "gift-getting". It's incredible, really. People are being really nice to me lately. For instance; two of my neighbors (I have great neighbors) have been gathering up all my barn cats and taking them to the vet to be spayed or neutererd. The vet is giving them a discount for group rates! They are animal lovers and they know that my kids have priority over the cats, so they asked permission to bless us in this way. Cool! I was embarrassed at first- reluctant. My pride didn't like to admit I have neglected my cat population. I had to finally admit though, that I just wasn't going to spend the money on the cats when I need to buy school books right now. And hay. Etc....

I have lots of beautiful women friends. They are so important in our lives, aren't they? I am so busy with baby and 5 days a week of football for Ben, that I have forgotten birthdays, been out-of-touch, and just not the kind of friend I would like to be. Nevertheless, I have recieved so many gifts- little thoughful things, and notes, to cheer and brighten, "just because" from these lovely ladies.
I am feeling "fat" of marrow as the Bible calls happy and blessed. I'm so thankful for such sweet friends.

"Lord, help me to have that kind of thoughfulness toward others"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!