Sunday, August 28, 2011

Quite Literally

There are times when a Bible verse just reaches out and grabs me. I believe this is the Holy Spirit speaking to me, and time and time again, the verse has proven  true for me. The Hebrew thought on Scripture, which makes total sense to me, is that there are several "layers" of truth to every Word in the Bible. Literal is one of them, and I have come to believe this portion of scripture is literal if I am really diligent, as it says I should be.
When I am paying attention to my dairy goat herd carefully, I definately have enough milk, yogurt and cheese, buttermilk, icecream, kefir and whatever else I make with the milk, for my family and to share with others. (verse 27)
When I have a good crop of goat kids, from good herd management and the blessing of the Lord, I sell enough to "pay for the price of a field" (verse 26). I don't buy a field, but I do. I buy the hay! That's how the goats support themselves, the sale of the kids buys the winter hay.
So, I sell the goat kids to buy a "field" (of hay). When I realized this I just got the chills.
God is good. Take Him at His Word." He has magnified His Word above (even) His name" says Psalm 138:2b. That's huge! Dig in there and read it and believe it!


<><><><> <><><><>
Proverbs 27:23
       Know well the condition of your flocks, and give attention to your herds,
Proverbs 27:24
for riches do not last forever; and does a crown endure to all generations?
Proverbs 27:25
When the grass is gone and the new growth appears and the vegetation of the mountains is gathered,
Proverbs 27:26
the lambs will provide your clothing, and the goats the price of a field.
Proverbs 27:27
There will be enough goats' milk for your food, for the food of your household and maintenance for your girls.

*This year the goat kids payed for several tons of hay, a new iPod Touch4 for Taylor's birthday,some clothes, and countless trips to Starbucks.  *U*

2 comments:

  1. Yes, God is good, and His word is true! Great pictures Dalyn! We live under the same farming philosophy and trust God in it. I am still hoping those critters could pay for a front entryway and covered porch someday tho:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...oh those children are precious also:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!