Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lion Chasing

I love the stories in the Old Testament of the Bible. They are exciting and outrageous and thrilling. Did you ever ready the story of one of King David's mighty men, Benaiah? His exploits are truly daring- he wasn't called mighty for nothin'! That dude chased a lion. Read the publisher's description below for references, and then go read about it for yourself, because it's not one to miss.
Mark Batterson, in this book, encourages and coaches us to become spiritual lion chasers; to consider viewing our problems and weaknesses as opportunities- for growth, ministry, training, etc.

This book is one of those books- life changers. I came away from reading it (and it's really a good read) with a few treasures, things I'll carry with me always. Here's one example: " Here's a thought: The circumstances you complain about become chains that imprison you. And worship is the way out. Worship reframes our problems and refocuses our lives...."
Mark suggests we stop asking God to get us out of difficult circumstances and start asking Him what He wants us to get out of those difficult circumstances.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day is an outstanding book. I have already shared some of my highlights with a friend and she ordered it immediately for her husband. My copy of this book is highlighted almost on every page. Good stuff!
You can order a copy here.
This book came at a great time in my life- God's perfect timing, of course. I'm changing some things, looking at the way I do some things and why, and praying for the courage to chase a few lions of my own. I have known for a long time that suffering doesn't kill us, and that the poeple who have suffered with dignity are far more interesting and have more to offer their fellow man, but now I'm taking things more seriously and this book has given me insight as well as some practical advice.
Five stars!




I recieved a copy of this book free in exchange for an unbiased review.
As always, please take the time to rank my book review. The publisher will automatically enter you into a drawing for a free copy of this title. If you win they will contact you, I have nothing to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!