Monday, September 3, 2012

Ponderings From Under the Laundry Pile


 
How many times have I thought and said, that all of my dreams have come true? Many times. I have prayed thanksgiving over my life thousands of times. But you know, I'm not faithful. The Lord is. His ways are not my ways and His thoughts are not my thoughts and I'm so grateful He is not like humans!
It seems too often when the Lord graciously favors me with answered prayers and I get what I asked for, I wind up somewhere down the road unhappy. I gripe that it's too hard- too much. Am I really that ungrateful? (shudder) or am I asking for and recieving things I can't handle? (impossible- God is sovereign, kind, and for me!) I realized I am blessed to have a King who hears me and answers me. I think He's teaching me that I need to pray for the strength and endurance that is needed to keep and care for those hard things I have asked for.
Me- I'm shortsighted, notoriously. I get overwhelmed and then it's gloom and doom in tunnel vision.
 
I feel ashamed of that, but then I remember that God allows me to realize those negatives about myself so He can gently get this lump of clay back on the wheel and continue the work.
 
So, am I going to quit praying for hard things? Not likely, knowing me. Hopefully I'll get a good rest before asking again though. Now I know to ask for the strength and endurance to deal with what I've asked my Father for.

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!