Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Firefly Island Review

 
Every summer I collect some good fiction to use as mental escape. I like to sit in the sun and read. Who doesn't? I just so happen to either enjoy my porch with little ones splashing in the kiddie pool on the lawn, or else in a lawnchair in the barnyard surrounded by my critters. Don't judge me.
 This book was given to me by Bethany House and Bakers Publishing for free in exchange for an unbiased review. So- anywho- I didn't get to wait for a lazy summer day- I got it in the mail on a blustery day recently. Just as well. Books are every bit as good for the soul on a day spent inside and cozy by the fire, right? I did just that today and even made scones and tea. The house quiet for a change, I used naptime as a chance to finish this book.
 
Romance, intrigue, dirty politics, relationships, insecurity, social issues...Lisa Wingate can write! I say this book is exactly what you need on a lazy day by the pool or lake (or the fire) with a glass of iced tea (or cocoa). The characters are realistic, the story was easy to get caught up in, and the writing was done well. It wasn't a book I'd savor over and over again, but it was a good solid escape read.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!