Saturday, June 8, 2013

Raw Iced Brownies


Okay my disclaimer here- this whole post was done with and on my iPhone. I'm so busy these days this is the only way I can blog. 

These were so delicious, so rich and decadent I almost felt guilty...
They are fudgey and taste just like a baked brownie.

The measurements are approximate and all fit into a round baking pan. Because that's what I had, that's why.

Brownies:
2 1/2 cups Almond flour
1/2 tsp. Pink Himalayan salt (or any sea salt)
3/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup Raw honey
1/4 cup or a little less Coconut oil
1 tsp. Almond extract

( some almond butter in the middle of two layers would take this to a whole new level! I added cashew cream once but it wasn't thick enough)

Icing:
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 TBS. Raw honey
3 TBS. Unsweetened cocoa powder
Dash of sea salt
1/2 tap.
Almond extract

Sprinkle with crushed raw almonds

My almond flour is stored in the freezer so I let it thaw before I started. I realize now that this really works best when all the ingredients are mixed in a warm room- all room temperature but hot summer day- type.




Local raw honey is best. I'm just about out of honey from our own bees so I buy from other local bee keepers.


Obviously you can use raw cocoa powder but I don't have that kind of money. I love this stuff. There are also organic brands that are even better.

Mix the brownie ingredients in the kitchen Aide and then press into a pan. A square one is obviously a better choice for brownies.



Mix up the icing and pour it over the top of the brownie. Sprinkle the nuts over the top and then put it in the fridge to set for at least an hour. More time is better here. When it's set up cut into small squares. These are super rich so small works.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!