Thursday, June 27, 2013

Raw Kefir Smoothie

My husband, 3 year old son and I drink this green/purple probiotic smoothie several times a week.

I take about a quart of finished raw goat milk kefir I make myself daily as long as my dairy goats are in milk.

The kefir goes into the Vita-Mix and then I add:
A couple tablespoons of flax seeds

Two large handfuls of baby kale and or baby spinach.

1 1/2 frozen bananas (add more if you like a sweeter flavor. Bananas hide the taste of the greens)

About a cup of either frozen mixed berries or blueberries. I also use frozen strawberries or cherries if I have them.

Blend until smooth.
Now this is an amazingly yummy way to get your probiotics, antioxidants, calcium, protein, potassium, vitalism C, K, and a host of other vitamins and minerals. Not to mention enzymes.

Sometimes I also sneak in a carrot-



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!