Sunday, September 15, 2013

Knowing God by Name Review

 
I have for years been intrigued by God's names as He has revealed them to us in the Bible, and the ancient names in general since I found out that they actually had deep meaning- not like the way we name in our culture, just because we like it. Ancient names described a person, or revealed something, or prophesied or recorded an historical event- they had meaning!
 
Every time God revealed a name for Himself in the scriptures it's a revelation for us about who He is and what His character is. There's a promise in the Bible for those who know His name...and for the life of me tonight I can't remember where it is. If you find it before me please leave it in the comments okay?
 
This book is an 8 week devotional. Each day is a different name with a short devotion and scripture references. Each week is finishes with a study and prayer.
 
Written by 3 different women, with different voices, it's meant to be a conversational book. You can read through alone but as if it were with these ladies as your girlfriends, or you can do it with others.
 
I found this to be deep but doable with my crazy busy days. I should mention it's entirely timely (thank You Lord) since I am just about in fits of anxiety trying to make a major decision about an adoption right now. I really need encouragement from every angle and this is such a nice way to end my day. I love the Lord and I want to know Him SO much more. I'm finding "Knowing God by Name" to be a source of inspiration and comfort and really a good little study/devotion. I'll admit it's more devotional for me than study, which is okay. I am a mid-forties woman almost done raising her 3 kids and now starting over with 3 more. I. am. tired.
 
You can read more there, order a copy, or even download a free sample.
"I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review."
 
Please rank my review? Thanks!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an interesting book. Great job on the review!

    Also, I wanted to let you know about a friend of mine who recently self-published her first book. I am helping her put a blog tour together and am looking for blog sites to host her either with a book spotlight post, book review, and/or an author interview.

    I wondered if you might be interested???

    Here's the info on the book:

    Examine Your Faith!: Finding Truth in a World of Lies Hardcover by Pamela Christian

    Well-meaning people want to believe that all roads lead to the same God and heaven. But wanting something to be true is far different from truth lining up with reality. Unless you make an intentional effort to examine what you believe and why you believe it, it’s quite possible you are living your life on the basis of a lie, and don’t know it.

    Please e-mail me if you're interested. Thanks and have a great week!

    Diane
    www.dianeestrella.com
    dianemestrella at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!