Thursday, January 8, 2009

Healthy & Decadent Muffins

So, it's January and everyone is on a diet...except me. I should be, but I'd rather work out than diet. This recipe isn't for dieters, but it is for people who like to eat healthy and whole food. May you enjoy it every bit as much as my children and I did today. I baked them for breakfast, but we snacked on them all day! Yummy!

Dalyn's Decadent Banana Nut Muffins with Cacao Nibs
(just so you know, I really don't measure. I just throw stuff in the bowl! You may need to adjust the amount of flour or milk a bit)

In a bowl blend liquid ingredients:

1 farm fresh free-range egg

2 soft, ripe bananas

1/2 cup raw honey (I used Raspberry)

1/2 quality Xtra Virgin Olive Oil (or good coconut oil)

3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (I would use raw goat milk if I had it)

add in dry ingredients:

2 cups freshly ground soft white wheat

pinch of salt

3 tsp baking powder

1/2 cup walnuts

1/2 cup cacao nibs

blend until all dry ingredients are wet & bake in greased muffin pans for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.

scrumptious!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe, Dalyn. I look forward to trying it out. I have to admit, we eat way more "junk" than I'd like to but we on our way to healthier. Keep those recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning to make muffins today. I will give this recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dalyn, the muffins are wonderful! I made a batch shortly after you posted your recipe and thought I replied but like so many things in my life, I can't find that either! Today I made a double batch. I used maple syrup (out of honey), sweetened almond mild (it's all we had) and black walnuts that we got from my cousin for Christmas. They just came out of the oven and oh, are they good!

    Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. Keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!