Saturday, July 23, 2011

Raw Goat Milk Farmstead Cheddar Part 2

cutting the curd
resting the curd
heating the curd

draining the curd
pressing the curd


salted and pressed and ready for aging

my cheese cave: a fridge in the garage!

I apologize for not finishing this post. I am so crazy busy with a 1 and 2 year old now- and both active little boys! I will get back to it eventually, especially since I am about to open up my first cheddar of the year and see what it tastes like. I have a feeling that the 3rd and 4th will be best since I modified the recipe for raw milk and added 2 quarts more milk to the recipe. The cheddars even look yummier!


2 comments:

  1. Looking good...again, why do we have to live so far apart...I would definitely be there and seeing how all this is made.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God this looks so good and i`m sure that it is delicious too. I think it is not a very difficult recipe so i will give it a try, thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!