Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Frozen Lemon Zest and a Smoothie

My husband and I love our green smoothies. They don't always look green but they always have a green base of  baby spinach, kale and/or chard. In the winter when I don't have a steady supply of raw goat milk for our kefir I use water and cultured  plain greek yogurt, frozen bananas for sweetness and creaminess and then I have a large variety of options. Yesterday it was tangerines, pineapple and banana. Today it's banana, pineapple and strawberries.
Lately I've been zesting frozen lemon into them. It adds a lovely zip, but the real benefit is health. Check out some amazing information here.
I now keep several frozen lemons in my freezer so I always have them. I use a little spice grater and grate the lemon over all kinds of things- add it to hot water in the morning, to hot tea, to pasta, salads and dressings, and baked chicken. Delicious.

Look here for my go-to kefir smoothie recipe

                           


                           


                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment Be blessed!